The medical device industry has continually started improving patient results worldwide. It is one area of growth systems that allows medical professionals to monitor patients outside the medical or hospital clinic. Indeed, the demand for the types of medical equipment patient monitors was increasing before the global pandemic. SofiHub delivers care and monitoring when medical professionals can’t safely be near the patients turned critical.
Learn and comprehend the components of the patient monitoring systems.
Patient monitoring system
A patient monitoring system is a set of processes or systems for medical professionals to monitor the patient’s health. The systems are used for:
- Remote patient monitoring
- Remote physiologic monitoring
With the use of digital technologies, it helps capture and monitor data from patients and transfer them electronically to healthcare providers to aid in the following processes:
The technology that revolutionizes health care will be delivered by improving patient outcomes and reducing costs.
Applications of a patient monitoring system
It is easy to define the patient monitoring system of the applications. One popular patient monitoring system is an ECG (Electrocardiography) that monitors heart electrical activity. Using a monitoring system, it helps patients measure blood pressure. Diabetes patients use glucose monitoring devices for:
- Measuring blood glucose levels
- Preventing dangerous complications
Patients with COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), asthma, and other respiratory diseases rely on monitoring systems conditions, too.
Patient monitoring system components
Each device is not the same, but the patient monitoring system has three general components:
- Patient monitoring device. It refers to the device’s system that is inserted or comes in contact with the patient. It may include the sensor that digitizes the info and the processing device collecting data and preparing for analysis.
- Use the access portal. The data gathered by the monitoring device can be useless if it can’t be viewed. The patient monitoring device will collect the patient’s health data that is sent to either:
- Local data collection device
- Remote cloud
The data is compiled into useful info to be used by the health care professionals. For local user access, it consists of a complex interconnected system with the:
- Wire harnesses
- Printed circuit boards
- LCD screen
It is where the data is viewed using a cloud-based system, the user interface is accessed using a laptop or PC.
- Software. Both user access portals and patient monitoring devices use software. So, if you want to monitor your patient without the need of somebody looking at them physically, you can have it monitored through smart technologies.
In fact, many people are using Sofihub to help them keep their loved ones monitored while they are not around. As this can be a great way to take care of their loved ones and monitor their health at the reach of their doctors while being an outpatient.