One of the reasons why many people today have negative thoughts and are afraid to succeed in life is because of trauma. These people might have experienced physical, mental, and emotional abuse that made it hard to trust anybody, even a family member at home. Trauma is focused on cognitive behavioral therapy, evidence-based counseling or psychotherapy. It aims to address the needs of children and adolescents experiencing post-traumatic stress disorder and other hardships related to traumatic life events.
Life Supports Counselling takes trauma-focused therapy, a specific approach that recognizes and emphasizes understanding how this traumatic experience impacts the child’s five aspects of life:
- Spiritual well-being
Top trauma counseling
There are different types of trauma counseling that you can acquire, such as:
- Prolonged exposure therapy. It is a scientific type of CBT, it applies behavioral therapy techniques. Individuals in this therapy are exposed to exposures, such as:
- Imaginal exposures
- In vivo exposures
- Interoceptive exposures
- Cognitive behavioral therapy. CBT focuses on identifying the problematic thinking patterns to work on changing them which helps change behavioral patterns.
- Cognitive processing therapy. It focuses on reevaluating a person’s thinks following the traumatic event. The therapy targets the way people view others and even themselves.
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy. A therapy designed for children and teens. It works to improve a range of trauma-related results in minors. The therapy addresses some other trauma-related challenges, such as:
- Behavior problems
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy. This is different from talk therapies. It doesn’t require the person to explain the trauma in a detailed way. Instead, an eye movement or tapping while focusing on the images related to the trauma.
These are the top five restorative therapy for a person suffering from trauma. Trauma is both hard and easy to define. In general, trauma is a kind of experience that causes a person high distress degree. But, trauma is relative to the person who experiences it. Thus, not every person reacts to a traumatic event in the same way.
There are many trauma therapies approaches addressing a person’s unique challenges.
There are several approaches evidence-based to address trauma counseling. PTSD or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder is a talked-about disorder that results from trauma. But, many other common disorders stem from trauma too. Some most common include:
- Panic disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Depressive disorders
- Personality disorders
The symptoms may be brought into trauma, in many cases, that are intense versions of healthy reactions to stress. So, proper diagnosis is the key to getting the proper treatment. There are several psychotherapy treatments for this condition – trauma. But, only a few are backed up by deep research and they call it evidence-based.
While there is no “only” and “best” therapy for trauma. People find that they can respond better to one type of treatment than the other. There are top treatments for trauma-related concerns.